Emergency First Aid at Work L3
Apply to this course now
6 hours per week
This accredited qualification is ideal for those already working or preparing to work within industry wishing to become an Emergency First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (NI) 1982.
The recommended course duration is 1 day, and topics covered include: the roles and responsibilities of the Emergency First Aider, assessing an incident, recognizing signs and symptoms of injury and illness and assisting a casualty who is suffering from injury and illness. The qualification is assessed via on-going oral and/or written questioning and practical demonstration.
The minimum contact hours for this qualification, excluding breaks should be for a minimum period of 6 hours over 1 day.
All successful students will be issued with an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate, along with a wallet-sized plastic card detailing their qualification.
Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
Attendees will be required to demonstrate First Aid procedures as they would in a real environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.
This qualification is available to those over 16 years.
- Valid passport (any nationality);
- Signed UK photo card driving license;
- Valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card.
- In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.