Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills
Apply to this course now
6 hours per week
This qualification enables you to gain a range of skills and knowledge in the use of IT applications or use of IT equipment that can prepare you to enter the IT sector, a specific job role or lead to an apprenticeship or further learning either within the workplace or with a training provider.
What You’ll Learn
The Diploma in IT User Skills Level 3 will develop your skills and understanding of ICT. The programme includes online technology systems, website production and multimedia software. This course is perfect for a career in the IT industry or to progress onto further learning at higher levels and university. This qualification comprises three mandatory units and a wide range of optional units including:
- Improving Productivity Using IT
- Understanding the Potential of IT
- Developing Personal and Team Effectiveness Using IT
Some of the optional units include:
- Word processing
- Using email and the Internet
- Website development
- Using collaborative technology and mobile devices
- Creating and editing audio or video files
- Using drawing and planning software
- Online project management
- Setup an IT system
- Optimise system performance
- Security for IT users
Must be 19 and over before August.
Not have exceeded the maximum amount of Advanced Learner Loans available.
Meet the required residency criteria to be eligible as:
- A UK ‘home’ Learner
- An EU Learner (Inc EEA Migrant Worker etc)
- A RoW Learner (Inc Indefinite Leave, Refugee etc)Learners must be resident in UK on the first day of the learning aim
- UK nationals must be resident in UK for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Learners who live in the rest of the UK can apply as long as they study at an approved Learning Provider in England
- EU nationals must be resident in EEA for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Rest of the World nationals must demonstrate ‘settled status’ with no limitation or restriction on the length of stay in UK
How you will be assessed?
Your knowledge and understanding will be assessed using the assessment methods. Where possible your assessor will integrate knowledge outcomes into practical observations through oral questioning.
Course and Career Progression
Your tutor will advise you on progression. You can progress to further study a higher level course or another course at EBCF. Careers Information, advice and guidance is also available at EBCF.
If you’re aged 19 or over and are thinking about further education or training in England, you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £26,575 a year.