NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing L3
Apply to this course now
6 hours per week
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing is a technical level qualification that provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as an employed and/or self-employed hairdresser able to work on hair combining a variety of different technical skills. This qualification is ideal for those who hold a hairdressing or barbering qualification and work in a salon.
What You’ll Learn
There are four mandatory units in this qualification for you to study including:
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Provide client consultation services
You will then be able to select a minimum of two optional units from a range of 10 units which includes: provide hair extension services; create a variety of permed effects; hair colour correction services.
Must be 19 and over before August.
Not have exceeded the maximum amount of Advanced Learner Loans available
Meet the required residency criteria to be eligible as:
- A UK ‘home’ Learner
- An EU Learner (Inc EEA Migrant Worker etc)
- A RoW Learner (Inc Indefinite Leave, Refugee etc)Learners must be resident in UK on the first day of the learning aim
- UK nationals must be resident in UK for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Learners who live in the rest of the UK can apply as long as they study at an approved Learning Provider in England
- EU nationals must be resident in EEA for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Rest of the World nationals must demonstrate ‘settled status’ with no limitation or restriction on the length of stay in UK
How you will be assessed?
Your knowledge and understanding will be assessed using the assessment methods. Where possible your assessor will integrate knowledge outcomes into practical observations through oral questioning.
Course and Career Progression
Your tutor will advise you on progression. You can progress to further study a higher level course or another course at EBCF. Careers Information, advice and guidance is also available at EBCF.
If you’re aged 19 or over and are thinking about further education or training in England, you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £26,575 a year