Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Apply to this course now
6 hours per week
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is a practical-based qualification intended for those who assess both occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (i.e. workshop, classroom or other training environment).
What You’ll Learn
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment – requires you to know and understand the principles and practices that underpin assessment. This is evidenced through a written account demonstrating your knowledge and understanding and completing a workbook that shows research into assessment practice and associated legal requirements.
- Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment – is to carry out assessments of performance in an individual’s work environment. Observation of your practice in the workplace by your assessor is an essential assessment component of this qualification along with assessment of work products and evidence of questioning your learners.
- Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding – is to assess your performance in assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace. This could be in workshops, classrooms or other training environments.
Evidence of at least 3 of the following assessment methods will be required:
- Skills tests
- Oral and written questioning
- Case studies
- Recognising prior learning
Must be 19 and over before August.
Not have exceeded the maximum amount of Advanced Learner Loans available
Meet the required residency criteria to be eligible as;
- A UK ‘home’ Learner
- An EU Learner (Inc EEA Migrant Worker etc)
- A RoW Learner (Inc Indefinite Leave, Refugee etc)Learners must be resident in UK on the first day of the learning aim
- UK nationals must be resident in UK for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Learners who live in the rest of the UK can apply as long as they study at an approved Learning Provider in England
- EU nationals must be resident in EEA for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Rest of the World nationals must demonstrate ‘settled status’ with no limitation or restriction on the length of stay in UK
How you will be assessed?
Your knowledge and understanding will be assessed using the assessment methods. Where possible your assessor will integrate knowledge outcomes into practical observations through oral questioning.
Course and Career Progression
Your tutor will advise you on progression. You can progress to further study a higher level course or another course at EBCF. Careers Information, advice and guidance is also available at EBCF.
If you’re aged 19 or over and are thinking about further education or training in England, you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £26,575 a year.