Education and Training Level 4
Apply to this course now
6 hours per week
These qualifications are for those who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector, including those who are not in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role, and include Award-size qualifications for those who want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices.
What You’ll Learn
Level 4 learning would include:
- Knowledge of the relationship between theory/principles and practice in the context of your existing or future role
- A planned approach to reading and research relating to principles, theories and practice
- Consideration of how professional values impact on working in your area
- Delivery of courses in a job role
- Evidence of a reflective approach
- Reflection on own practice grounded upon reading
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education and Training
- Delivering Education and Training
- Assessing Learners in Education and Training
- Using Resources for Education and Training
Must be 19 and over before August.
Not have exceeded the maximum amount of Advanced Learner Loans available
Meet the required residency criteria to be eligible as;
- A UK ‘home’ Learner
- An EU Learner (Inc EEA Migrant Worker etc)
- A RoW Learner (Inc Indefinite Leave, Refugee etc)Learners must be resident in UK on the first day of the learning aim
- UK nationals must be resident in UK for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Learners who live in the rest of the UK can apply as long as they study at an approved Learning Provider in England
- EU nationals must be resident in EEA for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Rest of the World nationals must demonstrate ‘settled status’ with no limitation or restriction on the length of stay in UK
How you will be assessed?
Your knowledge and understanding will be assessed using the assessment methods. Where possible your assessor will integrate knowledge outcomes into practical observations through oral questioning.
Course and Career Progression
Your tutor will advise you on progression. You can progress to further study a higher level course or another course at EBCF. Careers Information, advice and guidance is also available at EBCF.
If you’re aged 19 or over and are thinking about further education or training in England, you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £26,575 a year.