Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
Apply to this course now
6 hours per week
To achieve this qualification you will be looking to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment in the Early Years sector. You must be working in a relevant setting to be able to demonstrate your competence in working with babies, toddlers and young children as well as your knowledge of all stages of child development, from conception to 7 years.
What You’ll Learn
Designed for learners who work, or wish to work, with children from birth to 5 years old in a variety of setting
- Support numeracy and literacy development in children
- Understand and promote child development
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and practitioners
- Promote the health and safety of children
- Partnership working with key person, colleagues and other professionals
- Be able to support organisational processes and procedures
- Promote the health and well-being of children
- Promote learning and development in the early years
- Promote diversity, equality and inclusion within the early
- Engage in personal development in an early years settings
- Context and principles for early years provision
- Lead and manage a community based early years setting
- Promote the well-being and resilience of children and young people
for recording, storing and sharing information
Must be 19 and over before August.
Not have exceeded the maximum amount of Advanced Learner Loans available
Meet the required residency criteria to be eligible as;
- A UK ‘home’ Learner
- An EU Learner (Inc EEA Migrant Worker etc)
- A RoW Learner (Inc Indefinite Leave, Refugee etc)Learners must be resident in UK on the first day of the learning aim
- UK nationals must be resident in UK for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Learners who live in the rest of the UK can apply as long as they study at an approved Learning Provider in England
- EU nationals must be resident in EEA for 3 years prior to the start of their learning aim
- Rest of the World nationals must demonstrate ‘settled status’ with no limitation or restriction on the length of stay in UK
How you will be assessed?
Your knowledge and understanding will be assessed using the assessment methods. Where possible your assessor will integrate knowledge outcomes into practical observations through oral questioning.
Course and Career Progression
Your tutor will advise you on progression. You can progress to further study a higher level course or another course at EBCF. Careers Information, advice and guidance is also available at EBCF.
If you’re aged 19 or over and are thinking about further education or training in England, you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £26,575 a year.